Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Where Have I Been?

I've been flying over Scotland, in prison in France, chasing sky-pirates in the Un-United Kingdoms and thinking way too much about the Nazis. I'm just now getting back to Virginia. I'm very happy to be becoming good friends with some really neat people from my local church. And I'm longing for home and missing my husband. Work has been very busy, but it's also a very big blessing and honor. It was a rough week though. I lost my dog on Sunday. He was 12.

I've moved into my third temporary home in Virginia this weekend. It's really a neat little one-and-a-half bedroom apartment on the first floor (which is terribly exciting for me) and I'm loving setting it up and settling down. My Navy friends helped me move the big things again (they did it back in December too) and I moved all the little things myself. The mover people are emptying out my storage unit tomorrow, so I will finally be put together again after being back from deployment for three-and-a-half months. And I am living alone and without stairs for the first time... ever. I am really excited for this year and where it will take me.

I've been sorta consumed by a pair of books I read mid-way through deployment. But suddenly I feel like I'm getting over them a bit after finishing my fan-fiction. I still do think about them a lot and I'll never fully recover from them... I can't, and I don't want to. It's been six months since I've read them. Yeah, they are that good. It's WWII, friendship and resilience.

I've experimented lately with music, branching out from my Christian-only (ish - I do love the '60s stuff my husband loves) past. Don't misunderstand - I still love my music that celebrates God and his love - what's better than that? But I'm also enjoying the independent sounds of things that make me think of Scotland and more randomly (not possible? LOL!), a little Ingrid Michaelson, Taylor Swift, Jasmine Thompson, David Guetta/Sia, Weird Al, Lorde and Imagine Dragons.

The Verizon guy just set up my Internet a couple hours ago. I'm loving my new place!
Jw

1 comment: